Gain valuable business networking experience while promoting bicycling to San Francisco businesses.
Because the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is the primary organizer for San Francisco's Bike to School Day, Thursday, April 12, and Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 10, 2012, you will have the opportunity to help execute these incredible and highly-regarded, world-class, citywide events coordinating hundreds of volunteers .
This is an excellent opportunity for a "people person" seeking practical experience in Event Production.
- Targeted business outreach with bicycling information and resources
- Organizing Bike to Work Day-related activities for businesses big and small
- Giving presentations at businesses
- Leading outreach efforts within the business community
- Being a resource on bicycling and bicycle facilities to businesses
- Managing communications to businesses big and small
The ideal candidate will:
- Be available to work daytimes 20/week from January to June
- Be highly organized
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people on a daily basis
- Have excellent customer service style and skills
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion for creating a better city & be familiar with bicycle issues
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Be comfortable and confident public speaking
- Be able to ride a bicycle, haul a bicycle trailer, and lift at least 50lbs.
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail), and experience with databases, including Salesforce. HTML is a plus
To apply for this internship please send a cover letter and resume to Tracy@sfbike.org. In your cover letter, please include why you are interested in this position, as well as the skills and experience you will bring. This internship includes a modest stipend.