Gain professional campaign coordination experience while executing San Francisco's biggest and best day of bicycling!
Because the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is the primary organizer for San Francisco's Bike to Work Day, Thursday, May 10, 2012, you will have the opportunity to help execute this incredible and highly-regarded, world-class, citywide event coordinating the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition's Connecting the City campaign.
This is an excellent opportunity for a "people person" seeking practical experience campaign organizing, advocacy work, and event logistics.
- Executing SF Bicycle Coalition's Connecting the City campaign for Bike to Work Day 2012.
- Coordinating elected officials and agency heads before and on Bike to Work Day.
- Handling logistical details.
- Managing print and web update projects.
- Training volunteers on campaign messaging.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be available to work 20/week from January to June.
- Be highly organized.
- Have some relevant campaign or advocacy experience.
- Have the ability to motivate and manage volunteers.
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people on a daily basis.
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate passion for creating a better city & be familiar with bicycle issues.
- Have excellent oral and written skills.
- Be able to ride a bicycle, haul a bicycle trailer, and lift at least 50lbs.
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail), and experience with databases, including Salesforce. HTML is a plus
To apply for this internship please send a cover letter and resume to Neal@sfbike.org. In your cover letter, please include why you are interested in this position, as well as the skills and experience you will bring. This internship includes a modest stipend.