Education & Encouragement Internship
Help get more people riding, safely
The Bicycle Education Coordinator Internship will work with a variety of stakeholders to help encourage more people to bike more often, and educate people who are already using a bike in San Francisco. The candidate will work with SF Bicycle Coalition staff, instructors, and community groups across the city to promote bicycling to a diverse range of San Franciscans.
The main tasks of this internship include:
- Public presentations encouraging people to try biking and providing basic resources to begin bike commuting.
- Presentations to frequent, professional drivers to educate them how to safely drive when sharing the road with bike riders.
- Coordinating with Community Centers and local groups to promote bicycle safety classes.
- Coordinating the location of classes to support the advocacy work of the SF Bicycle Coalition.
- Managing communication with participants and students for all of the bicycle safety classes.
- Working with the Program team of the nationís largest local bicycling advocacy group.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bilingual (Spanish, Chinese, or other common language in San Francisco) highly desired.
- Confidence in Public Speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with San Francisco neighborhoods and politics.
- Passion for creating great public places and a more livable city.
- Experience with social media a plus.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with an eight-hour-a-week minimum commitment. The position is not paid, but we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have, to help them earn course credit for their efforts. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to transport themselves to various areas of the city, and enjoys engaging people in constructive dialogue on local business and bicycling.