Graphic Design Intern
Are you a student or established designer who is interested in getting extra design experience while helping out a great cause? Do you have a passion for typography and layout? The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is looking for a talented graphic design intern
At the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition we understand and value the importance design. As our Graphic Design Intern you'll have the opportunity to apply your creativity to ambitious print and web projects from concept to completion. The intern will work on a wide range of projects including mail art, posters, vinyl stickers, invitations, letterheads, advertisements and web-based ads that promote our events, campaigns and advocacy work.
The internship offers a flexible schedule with a minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week for at least three months. The position is not paid, but we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have, to help them earn college credit for their efforts.
The successful candidate can expect:
- Real world professional graphic design and production experience
- Development of impressive, attractive portfolio pieces
- Their work widely distributed and published
- Inside experience with a highly active and growing nonprofit
- Project management skills
- Coursework in design theory and practice
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Samples of your work - show us how talented you are!
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with and interest in biking in San Francisco
- Illustration and/or photography skills
- Copywriting ability
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Indoor bike parking provided
To apply, please send an email to Kristin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this position and a PDF of or link to your portfolio.
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.