Community Outreach Intern
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is a 12,000-member non-profit organization that works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. We are considered one of the most active and effective advocacy groups in the city. We are looking for interns to join our team.
The Community Outreach Intern will gain firsthand experience and real-world skills in the programmatic side of non-profit advocacy work while helping to advance the cause of better bicycling in San Francisco. Specific tasks will be tailored to match the successful candidate's interests and relate to a number of different projects, as well as general program administration.
Roles and Responsibilities (will vary)
- Engagement and organizing with different community groups and members, particularly in underprivileged parts of San Francisco.
- Grassroots outreach to community groups, people who bike and others.
- Assist in developing relationships with different community groups in San Francisco.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Fluency in another language, particularly Spanish or Cantonese, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an eight-hour-a-week minimum commitment. While the position is not paid, we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn course credit for their efforts.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com