The Bicycle Planning and Advocacy Intern will gain firsthand experience in bicycle transportation planning and non-profit advocacy in San Francisco. Specific tasks will be tailored to match the successful candidate's interests and relate to a number of different projects.
Roles and Responsibilities (will vary)
- Research best practices in bicycle transportation planning and policy.
- Grassroots outreach to business owners, neighborhood groups, people who bike and others
- Data collection and site studies including taking measurements, photographs, user counts, surveys and more
- Organizing, recruiting, and managing volunteers
- strong written and oral communication skills
- passion for making San Francisco a better city for biking and living
- GIS skills and experience
- community outreach experience a plus
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
This internship offers a flexible schedule with an 12-hour-a-week minimum commitment. The position is not paid, but we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have, to help them earn course credit for their efforts.
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org