The Membership Manager is the main generator and organizer of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition's robust membership.
- Hours: Full time
- Reports to: Development Director
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our 12,000-member grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements. In the last five years, our advocacy has helped increase the number of people biking in San Francisco by 71% and help San Francisco become a leading bicycling city. We are working to Connect the City with a complete system of crosstown bikeways designed so that anyone, from an 8-year old child to an 80-year old grandmother will feel safe and comfortable crossing the city on a bicycle.Responsibilities
- Lead membership programs designed to retain and grow the SF Bicycle Coalition's 12,000 membership base
- Write compelling communications to gain, retain and engage our current membership and grow our base
- Lead a variety of on going email, social media and print communications to retain and grow our diverse membership base
- Set membership strategy, membership numbers and budget goals to produce desired results.
- Develop targeted membership campaigns including community outreach, email and direct communications.
- Manage lead generation and membership retention programs.
- Analyze historic and survey data to create new programs and refine existing membership programs
- Champion new practices in membership maintenance and recruiting and implement new strategies.
- Work with Development, Communications and Program departments to improve upon existing and create new programs and outreach for membership.
- Responsible for a wide variety communications involving all facets of membership including new programs, weekly and ongoing communications, and all member messaging and branded materials.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications teams on membership materials.
- Create organizational talking points and messaging across membership materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition mission.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years experience in a similar field
- Strong communication skills: writing, face to face and social media
- Demonstrated track record of successful project planning and goal reaching.
- Experience with marketing or fundraising writing
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator
- Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about improving the bike experience in San Francisco
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with direct mail, e-mail campaign marketing and social media communications
- Desire and ability to implement systems that will allow your work to scale quickly and significantly to be able to reach more people.
Salary: mid-$40s-$50s based on experience. Full-time, exempt position. San Francisco Bicycle Coalition offers a generous package of health and dental insurance, plus bicycle transportation benefits.How to Apply
Send a compelling cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Membership Manager Candidate, YOUR NAME" in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.