Bike Valet Supervisors
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking energetic and organized individuals interested in providing first-class service to come be a part of our famous Valet Bike Parking team as Bike Valet Supervisors. Candidates must have a flexible schedule, with availability on days, nights and weekends. If you want to further the mission of the SF Bicycle Coalition by helping provide safe and secure bike parking to your fellow bike riders at events all over San Francisco, we'd love to hear from you!
Hours: Part-time, seasonal work. Includes days, nights and weekends
Reports to: Valet Bike Parking Coordinator
Bike Valet Supervisors oversee site-specific valet bike parking operations for events citywide. Bike Valet Supervisors are responsible for representing the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, as well as our mission and policies, to event organizers, volunteers and the general public. Bike Valet Supervisors are also responsible for on-site volunteer training, care and management.
Job ComponentsA Bike Valet Supervisor:
- Arranges drop-off/pick-up of supplies at event site
- Sets up and breaks down events
- Ensures appropriate location signage and banners are displayed, all parked bikes are tagged, donation box is out and visible, outreach materials and signage is displayed on table, when available
- Troubleshoots issues and resolves problems facing the SF Bicycle Coalition Bike Valet Program and SF Bicycle Coalition Volunteers
- Is sensitive to opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of San Francisco Bicycle Coalition work
- Maintains an effective manner and demeanor and sets an example for others
- Is a proactive problem solver dedicated to ensuring a high-quality experience for all
- Keeps track of the membership envelope, any membership forms and any donations and arranges their secure return to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- Attends SF Bicycle Coalition’s Bicycle Ambassador Training at least one time per calendar year and is effective in explaining current SF Bicycle Coalition policies, goals, objective, programs and activities.
- Commitment to providing a top-quality Valet Bike Parking experience for all guests
- Ability to train and manage volunteers
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Ability to list 25-35 pounds required
- Must have own bike and be comfortable biking in San Francisco.
Volunteer experience with our Valet Bike Parking program is a plus.
How to Apply: To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to our Valet Bike Parking Coordinator, Mary Kay Chin, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Bike Valet Supervisor Candidate, YOUR NAME" in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.