Linking San Francisco One Bike Lane at a Time
The City's 2009 Bicycle Plan was approved in 2009. It calls for over 30 miles of new bike lanes and separated bikeways across San Francisco.
34 New Miles of Bike Lanes
All Completed Projects
- 7th Avenue bike lanes and sharrows, Lawton Street to Lincoln Way.
- 16th Street bike lanes, 3rd Street to Terry Francois Boulevard.
- 17th Street bike lanes, Corbett to Kansas.
- 23rd Street bike lanes, Kansas Street to Potrero Avenue.
- Alemany Boulevard bike lanes, Rousseau Street to Bayshore Boulevard.
- Bayshore Boulevard bike lanes, Cesar Chavez Street to Silver Avenue.
- Beale Street southbound bike lane, Folsom Street to Bryant Street.
- Broadway Tunnel signage improvements.
- Cargo Way bikeway, 3rd Street to Jennings Street.
- Cesar Chavez bikeway, US 101 to I-280.
- Claremont Boulevard bike lanes, Portola Drive to Dewey Boulevard.
- Clipper Street bike lanes, Douglass Street to Portola Drive.
- Division Street separated bike lanes, 9th Street to 11th Street.
- Fell Street and Masonic Avenue intersection and traffic signal improvements.
- Glen Park Area bike lanes and connections.
- Great Highway and Point Lobos Avenue bike lanes, El Camino del Mar to Cabrillo Street.
- Holloway Avenue bicycle lanes, Junipero Serra Boulevard to Varela Avenue.
- Howard Street westbound bike lane, short extension at 9th Street.
- Illinois Street bike lanes, 16th Street to Cargo Way.
- JFK Drive bikeway, Kezar Drive to Transverse Drive.
- John Muir Drive bike lanes, Lake Merced Blvd to Skyline Boulevard.
- Kansas Street bike lanes, 26th Street to 23rd Street.
- Kirkham Street bike lanes, 9th Avenue to Great Highway.
- Laguna Honda Boulevard bike lanes, Portola to Plaza.
- Market and Valencia Streets intersection and traffic signal improvements.
- McCoppin Street bike path, Market to Valencia Streets.
- McCoppin Street westbound bike lane, Gough Street to Valencia Street.
- Mississippi Street bike lanes, Mariposa Street to 16th Street.
- North Point Street bike lanes, Van Ness Avenue to The Embarcadero.
- Ocean Avenue bike lanes, Alemany Boulevard to Lee Avenue.
- Otis Street westbound bike lane, South Van Ness Avenue to Gough Street.
- Page and Stanyan Streets traffic signal improvements.
- Phelan Avenue bike lanes, Ocean Avenue to Judson Avenue.
- Portola Drive bike lanes - Corbett to Sloat.
- Potrero Avenue/Bayshore Boulevard bike lanes, 25th Street to Cesar Chavez Street.
- Sagamore Street/Sickles Avenue bike lanes, Brotherhood Way to Alemany Boulevard.
- Scott Street northbound left turn bike lane, Oak Street to Fell Street.
- Sloat Boulevard bike lanes, The Great Highway to Skyline Boulevard.
- Townsend Street bike lanes, The Embarcadero to 8th Street.
- Upper Market Street bike lanes, Laguna to Castro.
Improvements Still to Come
- 5th Street bike lanes, Market Street to Townsend Street.
- 7th Avenue and Lincoln Way, intersection improvements.
- 19th Avenue mixed-use path, Buckingham Way to Holloway Avenue.
- Broadway bike lanes, Polk Street to Webster Street.
- Buckingham Way bike lanes, 19th Avenue to 20th Avenue.
- Fremont Street southbound bike lane, Folsom Street to Harrison Street.
- Howard Street westbound bike lane, The Embarcadero to Fremont Street.
- Innes Avenue bike lanes, Donahue Street to Hunters Point Boulevard.
- Masonic Avenue Corridor bike lanes, from Fell Street to Geary Boulevard.
- Polk Street contra flow northbound bike lane, Market Street to McAllister Street.
- San Bruno Avenue bike lanes, Silver Avenue to Paul Avenue.