Bike the Vote in 2012
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, as a 501(c)4 organization, endorses candidates and propositions in local elections relating to transportation, land use, and funding. With 12,000 members, the endorsement of the organization is very valuable to candidates, providing high visibility and a pool of active and engaged volunteers. The SF Bicycle Coalition seeks a qualified intern to work closely with staff and external campaigns to help ensure bicycling-friendly candidates and measures are supported on the November 2012 ballot.
The ideal candidate should possess strong writing skills and a positive attitude to encourage member involvement in campaigns. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work for one of the largest, most effective advocacy groups in San Francisco and work directly with seasoned political campaign staff.
- Coordinate with external candidate and/or issue campaigns to promote candidates, events and volunteer opportunities to our members.
- Engage and activate members across the city to volunteer with endorsed campaigns.
- Schedule and promote SF Bicycle Coalition phone-banking nights, including writing call scripts.
- Help shape messaging for social networks and email advocacy to contact members and encourage volunteerism.
- Support other campaign efforts, as needed.
- A positive, friendly attitude and outgoing personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Basic e-mail and internet skills; HTML helpful, but not required.
- Comfort in public speaking and instruction of volunteers.
- Familiarity with issues important to SF Bicycle Coalition.
This internship will likely require one day per week, building toward the November 2012 elections, including evening and weekend hours. The ideal candidate will work closely with the SF Bicycle Coalition's Program Manager and campaign staff and will have opportunities to take on a visible leadership role.
Submit a cover letter and resume.
Applications must be received by August 15th, with a start date of early September. Send emails or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.