1. Remind your friend that bicyclists do have a right to the road. While they may be intimidated by traffic at first, it is important to realize that bicyclists are legitimate road users.
2. Take your friend on streets with light traffic or bike lanes.
3. Make sure your friend has a comfortable and working bike that fits her or him well.
4. Ride to a cafe or museum with inadequate parking or thats hard to reach by transit to show the advantages of riding.
5. Take advantage of Bike to Work Day activities this month geared toward less experienced cyclists. Attend an Urban Cycling Skills Workshop or ride to work in a group Bike Train,