-- To create the pages for publishing all you need to do is change the font
size of the titles to +2, the face to verdana, helvetica, times...italicize the
authors name and then put in the appropriate paragraph breaks. That's it.-->
Tube Times Index
- Average amount of steel in four-door sedan automobile: 1,800 pounds.
- Average amount of steel and iron in a light-truck, mini-van or SUV: 2,200 pounds.
- Approximate weight of an average steel-frame bicycle: 25 pounds.
- How many bicycles could be produced with the steel from an average four-door sedan: About 72.
- Number of autos and light-trucks produced in U.S. annually: At least 16 million.
- How many bicycles could be produced based on steel used in vehicles: About 1.15 billion.
- How many vehicles produced annually per U.S. citizen: 0.6.
- How many steel-frame bicycles could steel used in vehicles produce annually per U.S. citizen: 4.2.
- Number of bicycle and bicycle parts plants in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: About 80.
- Amount Birkenstock Sandal Company contributed to the "Yes" campaign to widen Highway 101 to six lanes in Sonoma County: $1,500 [Fortunately, the measure lost.]
Sources: 1-2, 5) International Iron & Steel Institute convention, Mexico
City, October 1999; U.S. Census Bureau, as of Nov. 1, 1999; 9) The Vietnam Investment Review. 10) San Francisco Chronicle