Gain Great Experience with the SFBC
SF Bicycle Coalition is NOW hiring a Bike to Work Day Interns
Bike to Work Day (BTWD) Thursday, May 12, 2011 is the biggest, happiest biking day in the city. Thousands upon thousands of people jump on their two-wheeled wonder and hit the streets. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is the prime organizer for this event in the City, and we need some help doing it!
This is an excellent opportunity for a "people person" who's interested in building sustainable cities to experience a vibrant and growing nonprofit organization from the inside. We are looking for someone February through May. Must be able to commit 10hr/wk.
To Apply for one of these positions please send a cover letter and resume to Kate@sfbike.org. In your cover letter, please include why you are interested in this position, as well as the skills and experience you will bring. Each Bike to Work Day internship includes a modest stipend to be discussed after resume submission.
Bike to Work Day Internships
Event Planning Internship
Gain excellent hands-on experience coordinating San Francisco's Bike to Work Day, a highly regarded, world-class event for the City of San Francisco. Responsibilities include securing in-kind sponsors, coordinating event logistics for 25 satellite Energizer Stations, as well as Bike from Work Party logistics. The ideal candidate is comfortable on the phone, enjoys a fast-paced work environment, has a strong attention to detail and relentlessly pursues excellence. Experience with Google Documents, Microsoft Excel, a plus.
Spanish-speaking Community Outreach Intern
Get grassroots organizing experience while gaining vital experience providing bicycling resources and information to San Francisco's Spanish-speaking community. The Spanish-speaking Community Outreach intern must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and is responsible for organizing events, leading community outreach efforts within the Spanish-speaking community, and creating bilingual and Spanish language outreach materials to use for outreach. This person would coordinate outreach with local community groups and regional agencies in Spanish for Bike to Work Day and beyond. Kamiliarity with and connections within the Spanish-speaking Community a plus.
- Must be extremely well-organized
- Needs be good with people--and a good communicator in general
- Solid writing skills is a plus
- Must be available all day, Thursday, May 12th
- Previous related experience is key
- Can-do attitude is required
- Familiarity with and interest in bicycling in San Francisco a plus
- Must be able to commit to ~10hrs per week (Average week will be ~10 hrs, closer to the event may require extra hours. Most time spent will be at the SF Bicycle Coalition HQ)
- Strong multitasking ability required
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Track record of working well on team projects This is a fantastic resume builder! Our interns move on to great jobs and careers.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kate@sfbike.org. Please include why you are interested in this position, as well as the skills and experience you will bring to the position. Each position includes a modest stipend to be discussed after resume submission.