You’ve done it before, but we need you to do it again – take 5 minutes (or more!) today, Tuesday, June 4, and let our city leaders know that Polk Street neighbors and people who ride on Polk everyday support separated bikeways and pedestrian improvements on Polk Street. Here’s how you can add your voice to make an impact today:
1. Call Supervisor David Chiu’s office at 415.554.7450 and ask him for his strong support for separated bikeways and pedestrian safety improvements on Polk Street.
2. Send in a support letter – hundreds of you already have and if you’ve been waiting to send yours, please do it today: see sfbike.org/POLK to get started.
3. Tweet @DavidChiu and @SFMTA_MUNI to support bike and pedestrian safety improvements on Polk Street! Do it today!
4. Come to the SFMTA Board Hearing today at 1pm (City Hall Room 400) to ask SFMTA Board of Directors to ensure the safest option for bicyclists and pedestrians moves forward during general public comment. Email Ramon@sfbike.org for more details.
5. Volunteer to reach out to people on Polk Street this evening and get support letters and signatures from 5-7pm. Email Ramon@sfbike.org for more details.
If you live, shop or travel near Polk Street now is the time to take action! The SFMTA is collecting community input on the Polk Street proposals and will be presenting a preferred design option later this month – make sure your voice is heard today!