The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 45 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Development Intern will gain valuable fundraising experience working for a leader in nonprofit advocacy that helps advance the cause of better bicycling in San Francisco. Specific tasks will be tailored to match the successful candidate’s interests and relate to a number of different fundraising projects.
What you’ll learn:
- Relationship management with business partners
- Researching potential partners, funders and foundations
- Management and organization of donor information
- Administrative support
The ideal candidate has the following interest, skills or abilities:
- Interest in fundraising
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful thinking
- Interest in bicycle advocacy campaigns
- Professional, responsible demeanor
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
Required dates for this internship include:
- Intern Orientation Day (Date TBD)
- One year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- Firsthand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Experience working on a robust nonprofit fundraising strategy
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with SF Bicycle Coalition staff and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits
- Training on and experience with nonprofit industry standard software (Salesforce, Basecamp, etc.)
- Presentations and trainings aimed at development of professional workforce skills
- Indoor bike parking provided
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an 8-10 hour/week minimum commitment. This is chiefly a Monday through Friday internship, with occasional evenings and weekends. Interns are expected to make a four-month commitment, which may be extended. While the position is not paid, we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn course credit for their efforts.
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.