The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is one of the largest and most effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Development Intern will gain valuable fundraising experience working for a leader in non-profit advocacy and help advance the cause of better bicycling in San Francisco.
The successful candidate can expect:
- Resume-building connections and references
- First-hand experience with a highly active and regarded grassroots advocacy non-profit
Specific tasks will be tailored to match the successful candidate’s interests and relate to a number of different projects, but roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintain relationships with business partners
- Manage and organize donor information
- Research potential funders and foundations
- Administrative support
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful thinking
- Interest in bicycle advocacy campaigns
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Professional, responsible demeanor
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a nonprofit organization
This internship offers a flexible schedule with an 8-10 hour per week minimum commitment. The position is not paid, but we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn credit for their efforts.
How to Apply:
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.