The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is seeking members to run for its Board of Directors this fall. The extended deadline for submitting questionnaires and resumes is Friday, Sept. 9 at 5:00 pm PT.
If you are interested in running for the board, we ask that you follow these steps:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to declare your interest;
- Complete the candidate questionnaire by Sept. 6 at 5:00 pm PT and
- Submit your resume to email@example.com by Sept. 6 at 5:00 pm PT. Resumes will not be publicly shared
More details about our annual Board election, including a full timeline and description of the process and relevant FAQ’s, can be found here in our new SF Bicycle Coalition Board of Directors Candidates’ Guidebook. This guidebook includes key information, including an election kickoff meeting and information session for interested candidates, and subsequent deadlines for all candidates to confirm their intent to run and to submit the required candidate statement to appear on the 2016 ballot.
Other important upcoming dates for our 2016 board election:
- Friday, Nov. 4 at 11:59 pm: Deadline to join or renew your membership to be eligible to vote.
- Monday, Nov. 14: Voting begins.
- Thursday, Nov. 17 Annual member meeting and candidate forum.
- Sunday, Dec. 4: Voting ends; 21st annual Winterfest party and auction.
Board members fulfill the important duty of governing the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. Many skill sets contribute to ensuring a strong board. Priorities for this upcoming year have been identified and outlined here.
Note: Per the SF Bicycle Coalition’s bylaws, any member in good standing by the Nov. 4 deadline may nominate themselves or another member to run for the board. The questionnaire has been developed to give members more information about candidates as well as to provide candidates an additional channel to communicate with members, but are not requirements.