The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition seeks a skilled and motivated Technology Manager to lead the technology strategy and support for our organization and staff. You will be a key contributor to the success of an innovative, mission-driven organization that is helping to transform San Francisco into a healthier city that promotes bicycles for everyday transportation. You will drive the SF Bicycle Coalition’s technology vision, strategy and implementation and help ensure operational success for all parts of the organization — staff, interns, volunteers and over 10,000 members. You will know your professional purpose and impact, and see the tangible benefits of your work on a daily basis.
The Technology Manager is part of a three-person Operations Team that includes the Deputy Director and Operations Manager. This team works collaboratively to ensure that the SF Bicycle Coalition thrives in all parts of its advocacy and programmatic work. The Technology Manager will have autonomy to refine, develop and innovate the organization’s technology infrastructure and to train and empower staff to develop technological sophistication and thrive. We are looking for someone who has core strengths in Salesforce, content-management software, and other cloud-based applications, and passion, willingness and aptitude to develop other technology skill sets to level-up your career and our organization.
- Administer, develop and support our customized Salesforce database in capturing stakeholder information and communications, managing campaigns, sending emails, and creating reports and dashboards.
- Support existing Salesforce AppExchange nonprofit add-ons. Assist the Deputy Director in researching and testing alternatives of other Salesforce apps that might serve the organization’s needs.
- Support, help administer and optimize the performance of the SF Bicycle Coalition’s website and implement new site features and functionality.
- Train end-users and document technical procedures. Present and communicate technical concepts to a diverse pool of staff, interns and volunteers.
- Set and maintain team standards of data quality, cleansing database and consolidating duplicate records as necessary.
- Convey and drive best practices in email marketing, online advocacy and online fundraising to your colleagues.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade network, hardware, software, web-based service, and mobile issues calmly and confidently in fast-paced, open, team-oriented office.
- Regularly evaluate technology infrastructure and develop creative and innovative solutions, including potential outsourcing of technology services and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to staff, interns and volunteers on use of computers, web-based services, the copier, printers, and other office and building equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualifications:
- Have a deep commitment to the mission, staff, volunteers and members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition.
- Have at least two years of experience in a technical leadership, technical support, software development, quality assurance and/or technical training environment.
- Demonstrate a track record of Salesforce use to support an organization’s mission. Configuration, customization or system administration experience is strongly valued.
- Be able to pick up desktop software and web-based services quickly. Have extensive experience in the Google Apps suite and Macintosh computers.
- Have experience with basic web design, content-management software, HTML, CSS and/or PHP.
- Have had primary responsibility managing a computer lab, an organization or company’s office equipment, or similar environment.
- Be extremely well-organized. Maintain several projects of equal priority on varying timelines at once and sustain productivity under pressure.
- Communicate well across a diverse range of teammates.
- Be punctual, reliable and accountable. Must be able to juggle multiple requests with good grace and prioritize tasks and requests to make best use of time.
- Have attention to accuracy and standardization in individual tasks while also having the ability to grasp the context of and implications for advocacy, membership and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Be interested in developing increased operational expertise to grow role and responsibilities over time.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary for this exempt position $50,000-$65,000 depending on depth of experience. Full-time benefits include excellent medical, vision and dental insurance.
Hours: Full-time, exempt.
Reports to: Deputy Director
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to transform San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation. Our work is guided by our five-year strategic plan and the core values of Transportation Justice, Sustainability, People Power and Joy. The organization’s culture reflects its grassroots origins and professional advocacy in equal measures. Our active membership of over 10,000 represents San Franciscans of all ages and backgrounds from all neighborhoods who are working towards safe, sustainable and more affordable ways to move around our city. The SF Bicycle Coalition is the largest city-based bicycle advocacy group in the nation and one of the largest member-driven groups in San Francisco. People of all races and genders are encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.