The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is one of the largest and most effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The SF Bicycle Coalition has become justifiably famous for our free, friendly, innovative and convenient Valet Bike Parking service offered at public and private events. The Valet Bike Parking Coordination Intern will work directly with staff on managing contracts, conducting site visits, scheduling staff and working with volunteers. You will gain hands-on professional development and valuable experience in outreach and event planning for a thriving nonprofit organization. We will challenge you with a fast-paced, quick-turnaround experience on a hard-working team.
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an 8-12 hour/week minimum commitment. Evening and weekend availability is strongly preferred. Interns are expected to make a three-month commitment, which may be extended.
The Valet Bike Parking Coordination intern will assist in all aspects of Valet Bike parking management, including but not limited to the following:
- Conducting site visits
- Preparing and packing materials for events
- Attending meetings with clients
- Attending events, supporting staff and recruiting members
- Communicating with staff and volunteers
- Assisting in the management of our Salesforce database
An Ideal Candidate will have:
- Excellent organizational skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and have an ability to meet deadlines on time
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
- A passion for making San Francisco a safer city for biking and living
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Indoor bike parking provided
How to Apply:
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.