We are seeking a skilled, motivated individual to provide outreach, support and technical assistance regarding the implementation of bike parking racks throughout the city of San Francisco. In this role, you will work with the public and local businesses to site bike parking racks, as requested and in suitable locations. If you are passionate about bicycling, this is your chance to join our team and make it easier for thousands of people in San Francisco to park their bikes in a secure and convenient way, and to be a part of our dynamic and growing business team. This position requires strong outreach skills, professional demeanor, a willingness to travel throughout the city of San Francisco, and an ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the staff at the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition.
Hours: Part time, Approximately 10-15 hours per week
Reports to: Membership & Business Program Manager
About the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
Founded in 1971, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition transforms San Francisco streets and neighborhoods into more livable and safe places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
Primary responsibilities include, but not are limited to, the following:
- Quickly and competently respond to bike parking requests to determine desired location and needs;
- Interface professionally and effectively with local businesses and residents to communicate the benefits of providing adequate bicycle parking, the needs and requirements for their individual location, and expected timeline;
- Promptly and accurately analyze individual locations to determine suitability for bike parking;
- Efficiently prepare, manage, and submit paperwork and other materials related to bike parking racks; and
- Serve as a representative of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition at all times, consistently on-message and on-brand.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have a deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s mission;
- Be a proven project manager with strong multitasking skills;
- Strong skills in communicating with diverse populations;
- Be punctual, reliable and accountable;
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment;
- Be able to travel throughout San Francisco efficiently by bike;
- The ability to attend to accuracy and standardization in individual tasks while also grasping the context of and implications for policy, membership, and fundraising goals of the organization;
- Have analytical skills and familiarity with space measurements used in bicycle parking;
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy with direct experience using MS Office (Excel, Word), Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail) and experience with databases, including Salesforce; and
- Have the ability to move from place to place; use a computer terminal and telephone; able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds short distances; can bend, twist, reach and grasp.
The position pays $15/hour with the expectation of working 10-15 hours per week, starting August 1
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the position advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.