The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an effective, member-supported non-profit organization working to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition's work during the past decade has helped to double the number of people biking in San Francisco. We are working to connect the city with a complete system of crosstown bikeways designed so that anyone, from an 8-year old child to an 80-year old grandmother, can feel safe and comfortable crossing the city on a bicycle.
As the organization expands, we are seeking a skilled, motivated individual to support the organization's database and other systems of growing complexity. If you are passionate about bicycling, this is your chance to help improve the lives of huge numbers of San Franciscans by understanding and supporting the technical needs of a growing program, membership, and development staff. You will work with all parts of the organization — staff, interns, volunteers, and members at large in their use of the database and other technologies.
- Hours: Full-time
- Reports to: Operations Director.
Primary responsibilities include, but not are limited to, the following:
- Support the organization's use of the Salesforce database in data entry, managing campaigns, sending emails, and creating reports and dashboards.
- Support existing Salesforce add-ons like the Nonprofit Starter Pack, Geopointe, Conga Merge, Predictive Response, Click and Pledge, Cirrus Insight, FormAssembly.
- Train end users and document technical procedures. Present technical concepts to a diverse pool of staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Provide technical support to staff, interns, and volunteers on use of the copier, printers, other office equipment, computers, and web-based services.
- Set and maintain team standards of data quality, cleansing database and consolidating duplicate records as necessary.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, software, web-based service, and mobile issues calmly and confidently.
- Support and help administer SF Bicycle Coalition's WordPress-based websites.
- Research and test alternatives of other Salesforce apps that might serve the organization's needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have a deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition mission.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in a technical support, help desk, software development, quality assurance, and/or technical training environment.
- Demonstrated track record of Salesforce use to support an organization's mission. Configuration, customization, or system administration is strongly valued.
- Able to pick up desktop software and web-based services quickly. Have extensive experience in using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, mail merge, Basecamp, Google Docs, Google Calendar, the Google Apps suite, and Macintosh and Windows computers.
- As a plus, have experience with basic web design, WordPress, HTML, CSS, and/or PHP.
- Have had primary responsibility managing a computer lab, an organization or company's office equipment, or similar environment.
- Be extremely well-organized. Maintain several projects of equal priority on varying timelines at once and sustain productivity under pressure.
- Be punctual, reliable, and accountable. Must be able to juggle multiple requests with good grace and prioritize tasks and requests to make best use of time.
- Have experience training end users on and documenting technical procedures. Be able to present technical concepts to a diverse pool of staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Have attention to accuracy and standardization in individual tasks while also having the ability to grasp the context of and implications for policy, membership, and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Be able to help a fast-paced, open, team-oriented office build better, scalable business practices.
- Has the ability to move from place to place; use a computer terminal and telephone; able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds short distances; can bend twist, reach and grasp.
Salary and Benefits: mid-$40Ks or higher, depending upon experience. Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as bicycle commuter benefit.
How to Apply: Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.