Valet Bicycle Parking Coordinator
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an effective, member-supported non-profit organization working to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition's work during the past decade has helped to double the number of people biking in San Francisco. We are working to connect the city with a complete system of crosstown bikeways designed so that anyone, from an 8-year old child to an 80-year old grandmother, can feel safe and comfortable crossing the city on a bicycle.
The SF Bicycle Coalition is looking for a highly motivated, talented individual to manage our world famous Valet Bicycle Parking program. In 2013, this program parked over 25,000 bikes at over 100 events, and brings in $75,000 to the organization in annual gross revenue.
This three-quarter time position included the following responsibilities:
Inquiries, Client Care & Contract Management
- Serve as a representative of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition at all times, is on-message and on-brand
- Provide superior service to all clients, assisting potential customers regarding service, value, costs, space requirements, insurance, staffing and scheduling needs
- Determine event-specific customer bike parking needs and valet service needs in terms of valet site location, equipment, staffing and volunteer needs, logistical concerns, etc
- Efficiently manage event contracts, billing and sponsorships
- Obtain appropriate permits from City agencies
- Assist event site managers in securing any necessary permits or equipment
- Quickly and competently field inquiries about valet program and services
Logistics Coordination & Program Scheduling
- Manage master Valet Bicycle Parking schedule, monitor service availability, including scheduling Valet Supervisors, recruiting and scheduling volunteers
- Supervise and support staff of 20-25 Valet Supervisors, recruiting and training additional staff as needed
- Maintain inventory of valet equipment and coordinate handling of equipment, pick up and delivery, with supervisor staff
- Submit payroll and expense reports for Valet Program monthly
- Handle any monies received by valet program including tips, donations and membership dues
- Coordinate outreach needs, supplies and volunteer staffing with Volunteer Manager
- Ensure the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition presence is on-brand, looks professional and is utilizing the appropriate marketing banners, tents and other marketing items
- Serve as communication liaison between Supervisor team and Volunteer Manager
- Collaborate with supervisors to provide meaningful, engaging volunteer opportunities and appreciation
- Serve as on-call emergency
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of stands, cables and locks, tents, trailer, valet tags and other equipment
- Coordinate event equipment needs including pick-up and drop-off at SFBC HQ
The right candidate for the SF Bicycle Coalition's Valet Bicycle Parking Coordinator position will:
- Have valet bicycle parking experience and familiarity with the SF Bicycle Coalition's Valet Bicycle Parking program
- Have event planning or event logistics experience
- Have experience analyzing profit and loss and other financial metrics
- Have experience and skill in motivating and managing others, including volunteers
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people on a daily basis
- Have experience drafting and execute simple contracts
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Be highly organized
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines
- Be able to work remotely and manage a de-centralized program
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion for creating a better city & be familiar with bicycle issues
- Have excellent oral and written skills
- Be able to ride a bicycle, haul a bicycle trailer, and lift at least 50lbs.
- Be computer-literate and Internet savvy, with direct experience in using MS Office (Excel, Word), Google apps (Docs, Calendar, Gmail), and experience with databases, including Salesforce. HTML is a plus.
This positional is seasonal in nature, averaging three-quarter time throughout the year. This position reports to the SF Bicycle Coalition's Volunteer Manager, and works closely with a team of 20-25 Bicycle Valet Supervisors, as well as with bicycle advocates on staff, Board members and with SF Bicycle Coalition volunteers.
People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pay is hourly at $18.50/hour. Includes three-quarter benefits and paid holidays, as well as a $20/month cell phone stipend.