Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride along Embarcadero from Pier 7 in San Francisco over the GG Bridge and on to Tiburon Ferry Terminal! The ride ends at the Tiburon Ferry Terminal. We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding, and have a relaxing ride.
Gals with Gears are women over 50 and tired of being the only Gals pulling up on bikes at intersections! (No, you don’t have to be over 50 to join – just have to want to ride with us — that’s it!)
Level: B (15-30 miles, some hills)
Distance: About 20 miles. About 600 feet of climbing.
Start: At the foot of Pier 7, about 1/2 mile north of the Ferry Building (SF).
End: Tiburon Ferry Terminal. You may take the ferry back to SF Ferry Building or Fisherman’s Wharf. (After rest and refuling, there is an optional group ride back to SF with one of the organizers.)
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won’t leave anyone behind.
• Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• We’ll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions — Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic — probably other Gals will have the same question!