The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for managing the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition’s team of daytime, in-office volunteers; coordinating the internship program; and supporting the recruitment and staffing of all organizational volunteer opportunities. With over 1,000 active volunteers every year, volunteers are key to the success of our organization.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with stellar interpersonal skills, a love of volunteer supervision and a strong connection to our organization. The Volunteer Coordinator should have a keen understanding of how to best leverage volunteers to support and grow a nonprofit and how to recruit and retain volunteers for a variety of roles. The SF Bicycle Coalition volunteer community is a fun, energetic and inspiring group of people and the Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for conveying our organization’s appreciation and gratitude to volunteers and ensuring that their time is spent productively.
This is a part-time, 15-20 hour per week position.
Reports to: Program Director
- Recruit, train and manage daytime office volunteers for the organization’s work and needs across all departments
- Serve as daytime manager for team of approximately 5-6 weekly in-office volunteers
- Support logistics and volunteer staffing of our Bike Build program; liaise with community partners to assure well-coordinated and successful event
- Coordinate with various youth internship programs to ensure all in-office volunteer needs are met, while providing positive and professional work experiences for youth interns
- Assist all staff in advertising and hiring intern cohorts on a semester basis
- Grow and develop intern cohort program, offering professional development opportunities for interns
- Serve as face of organization at front desk, supporting walk-in questions and membership sign-ups
- Assist the Program Director in recruiting, training and organizing volunteers and interns for all aspects of SF Bicycle Coalition events
- Use Salesforce membership database to track volunteer hours, recruit and thank volunteers
- Maintain organizational talking points and messaging across membership materials and volunteer base
- Deep commitment to the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition mission
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Fluency in Spanish or Cantonese strongly desired
- Demonstrated track record of successful volunteer management and project planning
- Experience successfully coordinating projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proven record of working well with youth, prior experience with youth development a plus
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
- Experience sourcing and managing diverse groups of volunteers
- Desire and ability to implement systems that will allow your work to scale quickly and significantly to be able to reach more people.
- Salesforce savvy or experience with database management
- Positive attitude, enjoyment in working with diverse communities
Salary and Benefits
This is a part time job, 15-20 hours per week. Salary range is $15/hour.
How to Apply
Upload a compelling cover letter and resume below. Please include “Volunteer Coordinator Candidate, YOUR NAME” in the subject line, and be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.