Winterfest Program Intern
As the SF Bicycle Coalition's Winterfest Program Intern, you'll have the opportunity to help shape how our bicycle advocacy campaigns are presented at the 1,200 member event. Your task will be to work with the program team to understand the goals and then to think creatively about how to convey them at the event.
Winterfest on Sunday, December 2nd, is the SF Bicycle Coalition's annual member party & auction fundraiser.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with an eight-hour a week minimum commitment. The internship is from October through mid-December 2012. The position includes a small stipend, and we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have, to help them earn college credit for their efforts. In addition, you will receive a one-year membership in the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and a spiffy SF Bicycle Coalition T-shirt.
The successful candidate can expect:
- Real world bicycle advocacy and event planning experience
- Resume-building connections and references
- A wide audience for their completed projects
- Inside experience with a highly active and growing grassroots movement
- Academic credit, by working with your academic institution's internship program
- Abundance of gratitude from the SFBC
- Creative and resourceful thinking
- Interest in bicycle advocacy campaigns
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Professional, responsible demeanor
- Event planning experience
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
Please email a letter of interest and resume to bonnie AT sfbike DOT org (subject: Winterfest Web Internship)
Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.