Phone Bank Contractor
The SFBC is looking for a highly motivated, talented individual to manage the Coalition's Phone Bank program, including the following responsibilities:
- Manage the SFBC's membership processing systems for Phone Banking
- Recruit, train, and manage phone bank volunteers
- Schedule, manage and lead twice-monthly weeknight Phone Bank Nights
- Work closely with the Membership Director to implement strategies for membership retention, including phone bank strategy
- Respond to members' administrative requests
- Work closely with the Membership Director to implement strategies to meet organization's annual membership goals
The ideal candidate for the SFBC's Phone Bank position will
- Have at least 2 years of phone banking or equivalent experience
- Have the ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- Have experience and interest in working with a diverse range of people
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
- Be highly organized
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Be able to work in a fast paced, open, team-oriented office
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate passion for creating a better city & be familiar with bicycle issues
- Have exemplary verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate with database experience
- Experience with membership recruitment or fundraising
- Experience as an SFBC Phone Bank volunteer a plus!
This contract position reports to the SFBC's Membership & Volunteer Director and works closely with a team of bicycle advocates on staff, Board members, and with Coalition volunteers. This contract position averages 10-15 hours per month, and requires a minimum of 7 weekday evening hours.
People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Kate McCarthy, SFBC Membership & Volunteer Director, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the email subject line: Phone Bank Contractor Position.