The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is proud to have a very active and professional all-volunteer Board of Directors. Most board members have dedicated numerous years of service and lending of talents to a wide range of organizational needs. Board members are elected for 2-year terms. Every year approximately half of the board seats are up for election, and board members may or may not decide to run again as incumbents.
Active SF Bicycle Coalition members may self-nominate or be nominated by others for consideration as a board candidate. Eight seats will be considered and voted on in the fall 2016 election. Interested candidates should review the Qualities and Skills Identified as Priorities for 2016 SFBC Board of Directors’ candidate recruitment as well as the SF Bicycle Coalition Board of Directors Candidates’ Guidebook.
Key Upcoming Dates:
- A full timeline and link to questionnaire and process are available here. Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 5:00 p.m. PT is the deadline for interested candidates to submit completed questionnaire and resume.
- Deadline to join or renew your members to be eligible to vote: Friday, Nov. 4 at 11:59 pm.
- Voting begins: Monday, Nov. 14.
- Member meeting & candidate forum: Thursday, Nov. 17.
- Voting ends after in-person voting at Winterfest: Sunday, Dec. 4.
We will continue to update this page with more information as the elections move forward. Interested in learning more about the board? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.