The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is one of the largest and most effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Winterfest Event Intern will gain valuable in-kind donation management and event planning skills vital for anyone looking to enter the non-profit world. You will learn firsthand what it takes to organize one of the largest auctions in the city! We will challenge you with a fast-paced, quick-turnaround experience on a hard-working team.
This internship offers a small stipend and a flexible schedule with an eight-hour a week minimum commitment during September to November. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have, to help you earn college credit for you efforts. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and ride a bike with a trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Solicit and secure in-kind community donations
- Coordinate and manage collection of auction items
- Manage donation records in Salesforce database
- Assist with packaging items for auction
An Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Interest and/or experience in fundraising
- Possess strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and have an ability to meet deadlines on time
- Be a self-starter able to take initiative on individual projects
- Have excellent and persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Be a strong writer, researcher and editor; familiar with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and the Internet
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Indoor bike parking provided
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.