The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is one of the largest and most effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
We are looking for an intern to join our team to help with several events in 2014 including:
- Golden Wheel Awards in July
- Tour de Fat in September
- Winterfest Member Party in November
- Various Summer Recreational Rides
The Event Planning Intern will gain hands-on professional development and valuable experience in event planning for a thriving nonprofit organization. We will challenge you with a fast-paced, quick-turnaround experience on a hard-working team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in event logistics and planning who wants to get a better understanding of the behind the scenes of events. Interns will have the benefit of learning critical event organizing and planning skills from experienced staff.
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an eight-hour a week minimum commitment for 3-6 months. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have, to help you earn college credit for you efforts. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and ride a bike with a trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Management of event logistics, including: the development of the site plan, oversight of setup/break-down materials, management of volunteer needs, activities coordination and supply delivery
- Manage and support volunteers at events and interns
- Solicit and secure in-kind community donations for events
- Organize and manage mass mailings
- Assist in management of our Salesforce database
- Write and edit social media, newsletter and website marketing for events and volunteer opportunities at events
An Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Interest and/or experience in event planning
- Possess strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and have an ability to meet deadlines on time
- Be a self-starter able to take initiative on individual projects
- Outgoing, dynamic and flexible personality
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- ongoing professional development opportunities
- a behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Length and hours are flexible
- Indoor bike parking provided
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org