The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is one of the largest and most effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
We are looking for an intern to join our team to help with several events in 2014 including:
- Golden Wheel Awards in July
- Tour de Fat in September
- Winterfest Member Party in November
- Various Summer Recreational Rides
The Event Planning Intern will gain hands-on professional development and valuable experience in event planning for a thriving nonprofit organization. We will challenge you with a fast-paced, quick-turnaround experience on a hard-working team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong interest in event logistics and planning who wants to get a better understanding of the behind the scenes of events. Interns will have the benefit of learning critical event organizing and planning skills from experienced staff.
This unpaid internship offers a flexible schedule with an eight-hour a week minimum commitment for 3-6 months. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have, to help you earn college credit for you efforts. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and ride a bike with a trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Management of event logistics, including: the development of the site plan, oversight of setup/break-down materials, management of volunteer needs, activities coordination and supply delivery
- Manage and support volunteers at events and interns
- Solicit and secure in-kind community donations for events
- Organize and manage mass mailings
- Assist in management of our Salesforce database
- Write and edit social media, newsletter and website marketing for events and volunteer opportunities at events
An Ideal Candidate will have/be
- Interest and/or experience in event planning
- Possess strong organizational/multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and have an ability to meet deadlines on time
- Be a self-starter able to take initiative on individual projects
- Outgoing, dynamic and flexible personality
- Familiarity with biking in San Francisco
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- ongoing professional development opportunities
- a behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Length and hours are flexible
- Indoor bike parking provided
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.