The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition works to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. Our member-based grassroots organization is considered one of the largest, most active and effective advocacy groups in the country. For more than 40 years, the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has a proven track record of winning better bicycling improvements.
The Graphic Design Intern will gain valuable skills vital for anyone looking to for a career in graphic design, working on substantial, portfolio-building projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Designing promotional print and web materials for the organization
- Preparing documents to send to printer
- Assisting Program and Design Manager in preparing materials as needed
An Ideal Candidate will:
- Have direct experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and WordPress
- Be highly organized, have excellent attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
- Be a creative and motivated self-starter
Minimum required schedule for this position is Monday through Friday:
- June 1 – August 30: 8-12 flexible hours a week
- The position is unpaid but we are happy to work with any academic requirements the intern may have to help them earn college credit for their efforts
- 1 year’s free membership to the SF Bicycle Coalition
- First-hand experience in one of the country’s oldest and largest bicycle advocacy organizations
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A behind-the-scenes view of a bustling nonprofit organization
- Indoor bike parking provided
How to Apply:
Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form. Be sure to mention where you saw the internship advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.