The mission of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Education Fund is to provide education, training and services for San Francisco Bay Area residents who commute by bicycle or ride bicycles recreationally. The SFBC Education Fund EIN is 20-5182730.
SF Bicycle Coalition vs SFBC Education Fund
The SFBC Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports all of our organizational work except for endorsements of political candidates. The SF Bicycle Coalition (SFBC) is a 501(c)(4) organization, which means that contributions to the SFBC are not tax-deductible. Your support of the SFBC Education Fund will be used for all of our important organizational needs except for direct political lobbying and candidate endorsements.
If a tax-deductible donation helps you, it also helps us! We can only be successful at making San Francisco a great biking city if we have the resources to do so. For tax-deductible donations, checks must be written to the SFBC Education Fund.
Gifts to the SFBC Education Fund are used to make San Francisco a better place for biking. Current programs and projects supported by the SFBC Education Fund include:
- Connecting the City Campaign
- Free Urban Bicycle Education classes & “how to ride a bike” workshops for adults
- “Freedom from Training Wheels” for small children
- Frequent driver education (taxis, commercial vehicles, city-car share organizations, Muni bus drivers) on how to share the road safely with bikes
- Bike to Work Day event hosting and promotion
- Business consultation on how to make businesses more bike friendly
- Valet bike parking at over 75 outdoor city-wide events & at all SF Giants home games
If you have questions, please contact John Calaway, Development Director at (415) 431-2453 x305 or email.